1. Cook onions and garlic in olive oil and butter. Next time I'll choose either butter or olive oil, I think both were unnecessary:
2. Add in two cans of tomato sauce (I used 1 can sauce and 1 can tomato puree because I wanted a thicker sauce):
5. Add in some pepper and a bit of sugar:
6. Let it cook down for 20-30 minutes (check out that steam!):
7. Add in 1 cup heavy cream (I used 1/4 heavy cream and 3/4 half & half):
8. Swirl it around to make a gorgeous shade of orange:
9. Add in lots of parmesan cheese:
10. Add in your chosen cooked pasta and mix well:
11. Add fresh basil on top when you serve it. Please, please, please do this step! The taste of fresh basil complements the sauce PERFECTLY:
Pasta With Tomato Cream Sauce
from The Pioneer Woman
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 cans (15 Ounce Each) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
Salt And Pepper, to taste
Dash Of Sugar (more To Taste)
1 cup Heavy Cream
Grated Parmesan Or Romano Cheese, To Taste
Fresh Basil, Chopped
1-½ pound pasta
Preparation Instructions1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so.
3. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cream.
5. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings.
6. Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve immediately.